Legal hold is a process that your Network Administrator can enable to preserve all forms of relevant information when litigation is reasonably anticipated. A legal hold be can be enabled by network administrators either network-wide or for specific members of a network as a result of current or anticipated litigation, audit, government investigation, or other such matter to avoid evidence spoliation.
If the Legal Hold is initiated for the entire network, all members of the network will receive a notification of the new network status. If the Legal Hold is targeted for a specific member of the network, only that member receives the Notification.
To initiate a legal hold, follow the steps below.
- Click Manage my Network from your Profile menu.
- On the Manage my Network page, click Data Retention, then Legal Hold.
- To enable a legal hold network-wide, toggle the Enable Legal Hold Network-wide button. Compliance will be enabled if a network-wide legal hold is activated.
- To enable legal hold for spaces and members, toggle the Enable Legal Hold for these Spaces and Members button, then enter the spaces and member names that will be affected by the legal hold.
- You can optionally enter contact information and upload one or more files with further directives that will be added and attached to the notification.
- Once activated, members on Legal Hold will receive a notification to indicate that they are now under legal hold.