To create a Poll, follow the steps below.
- From the Content Creation menu, click Make a Poll.
- On the Make a Poll window, enter your question, then the answers you want your audience to vote on.
- By default, your poll's audience is set to Network (meaning your poll is available network-wide). You may change this by selecting one or more spaces, or inviting specific team members or groups to vote on your poll instead. If you want to select a space or individual members as your poll audience, proceed to Step 4. Otherwise, skip to Step Step 7.
- Clicking Select Space displays the Share with window, where you can A) check the + icon to the left of a space to select the space, which will then B) appear on top.
- To invite specific people to be your poll audience, position your cursor on the Invite people box to display a list from which you can select your preferred audience members.
NOTE: If you think that the individual members that you selected for your poll audience might need to be grouped together in a space, you can even build a new space at this point by clicking the Build a new space link on the top right. For instructions on how to do that, see Building a Space.
- Once you have set up your poll audience, click Done.
- Back on the Make a Poll window, you may, optionally, set additional options for your poll. These include attaching a file or adding a reference to your poll by clicking the appropriate buttons at the bottom. In addition, to allow members to select two or more answers on your your poll, you may click the Answer Choice button, then select the Multiple Answers option.
- To set up poll participants for the poll, click the Participants icon.
NOTE: When you invite participants to a poll, you are asking them to vote on the poll directly. When you share a poll to another Space, you are asking for everyone in that Space to look at the poll and vote if they are interested.
- Click Publish.