Challenges are a cost-free and perk-free way of increasing employee engagement and motivating employees to innovate for business success. Challenges are essentially a solutions crowd-sourcing tool designed to help businesses engage, motivate, and inspire employees to solve problems and propose viable solutions to meet internal and external challenges, needs and demands.
From the executive suite to sales, anyone can use Challenges to pose significant problems or areas of concern and invite peers, partners, or customers to comment or submit a solution. Use Challenges to:
- Pose a question;
- Engage and motivate employees, partners and customers;
- Seek ideas and solutions; or
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation.
Challenges are available to private collaboration networks only.
- Challenges within Spaces
All Challenges are posted within Spaces of your choice using a quick and easy template. Zillable has provided two templates that you can choose from: General and Impact.
- General Challenge Template: For a quick start, use this free-form template for general problem-solving purposes.
- Impact Challenge Template: This advanced template outlines the problem at-hand, defines the possible impact the problem has, and provides expectations that management might have for the Challenge.
- Setting Up Your Challenges
Each time you create a new Challenge, you are provided with several options to help organize and manage your Challenges.
- Challenge Title: Give your Challenge a title so employees can quickly identify with the problem they are trying to solve.
- Challenge Description: The description varies depending on the template you select. For the General Challenge template, a simple description highlight the key problem is sufficient. For the Impact Challenge template, the Challenge is defined by the Problem, Effects, Impact, and a possible solution (optional).
- Challenge Period: State how long you would like the Challenge to run.
- Tags: You are required to enter at least three (3) tags to help organize and label your Challenge.
- Spaces: Select any number of Spaces within your network that you would like to post the Challenge.
- Sponsor: Your network’s name is listed as default. You can also add other sponsors.
- Publication Options: Challenges can be kept private within the network or made public to allow those outside of the enterprise to propose possible solutions. This opens the Challenge up to anyone and everyone, even if you do not know or work with them.
- Challenge Avatar: Upload an avatar that depicts your Challenge.
- Challenge Attachments: If your Challenge is defined in a document or requires additional information, you can upload your attachments so employees can preview them before proposing a solution.
- Submitting Solutions
Once a Challenge has been posted, it is now time to start collecting ideas and solutions. Invite employees or team members to Challenges, or publicize your Challenge by sharing it as an update on your profile.
Employees can submit solutions directly on the Challenges landing page. Zillable has created a very simple template that all employees can use to submit their solutions. Employees are also able to comment on a Challenge before submitting a solution if they need to clarify any part of the Challenge or have questions.
NOTE: If Challenges are not suitable for you organization, you can disable this feature under the Manage My Network menu.