A necessary element in developing the growth of your private network is a fully-invested Resource Center that contains content designed to help your users innovate. Creating a Resource Center for your private network will enhance user experience and improve performance of your members. An optimal Resource Center should:
- Educate members on your innovation processes
- Allow members to find relevant content quickly
- Equip members with your unique tools and processes
The goal is to provide your members with content that is easy to find, consume, and use in conjunction with your private network.
Below are three (3) easy steps for creating your very own Resource Center.
- Gather and organize your content by creating a spreadsheet and grouping the content by type. Your groupings may include whitepapers, presentations, videos, patents, policies, and how-to guides.
- Create a menu to gather and group your content. For example, gather all company policies, and group them under a Policies menu. Then separate the policies by department and create secondary menus based on department names, e.g., legal, HR, and R&D.
- Promote your Resource Center by creating calls to action within your network. For example, create a welcome message that is triggered when users log on and direct users to the Resource Center for further information.