By default, newly created Notes are stored within your General Book. However, you can specify which Books to save your newly created Notes to and move old Notes into a different Book at any time. In addition, you can copy a Note into another Book at any time.
If you create a new Note within a Book, the Note will default to that Book.
To organize your Notes or to move an old Note to a different Book, follow the steps below.
- Click Notebook from either the secondary destination bar or from the Hamburger menu.
- On the Notebook page, click the Notes tab in the middle, right between the Everything and Tasks tabs.
- On the top right, click the Funnel icon, then search for the Note you want to delete.
- Notes that meet the search criteria you entered in Step 3 above are displayed on the Preview Pane, or the pane on the left (marked A in the screenshot below). Click the Note to reveal more details about it on the Work Pane, or the pane on the right (marked B in the screenshot below).
- When you find the Note you are looking for, click the Add Book button on the Note's Work pane.
- On the Add this Item to a Book window, click the Book you want to add the Note to from the list. You may also add the Note to a new Book you may create from this window by entering a name for the Book on the Create a New Book box, then clicking the Create button.
- Click Done.