Cards that sit too long on any particular List can often times delay your workflow. There can be a number of reasons why a Card would be sitting too long on a List, including:
- Not enough resources to complete the work
- The wrong resources are allocated to the Card
- The Card is dependent on other work being done first
- The work is impossible to complete and needs re-evaluation or clarification
In cases such as these, Board managers may consider marking the Card as a Blocker. This tells members of the Board that they need to move the Card along. Marking a Card as a Blocker coupled with good communication through comments and references can help your workflow move smoothly.
Once the Card is moving along smoothly, you may remove the Blocker mark. For more details on how to do this, see Removing the Blocker Mark from a Card.
To mark a Card as a Blocker, follow the steps below.
- Click the button on the top-right of the Card you want to mark as a Blocker.
- Click Mark as Blocker.
- The card is now marked as a Blocker card.